The Master Electrician will apply their technical skills and knowledge in performing diagnostic, service, repair, and installation of electrical systems in residential environments and ensures that work is performed in accordance with relevant code specifications.
We’re looking for a FUN, ENERGETIC, TEAM-DRIVEN person to join our Vredevoogd Team! A Vredevoogd Master Electrician truly embodies a willing and helpful attitude and is eager to share their craft with others. We want YOU to be a part of our amazing team and we want to help you grow and provide for your family while serving others! If you have any questions, Text or Call 616-250-8141!
- Perform and oversee all electrical work in compliance with state and local electrical codes.
- Perform residential service calls to diagnose and resolve electrical issues or replacements.
- Maintain accurate documentation of service calls and time management.
- Submit all complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain properly clean and stocked service vehicle.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings.
- Participate in periodic inventory and truck inspections.
- Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use all tools in a safety conscious manner.
- Explains each service performed to the client each time a maintenance or repair is completed and ensures complete customer satisfaction.
- Explains Club Membership Agreements to every client; maintains a 25% Club Membership conversion rate on repair clients.
- Documents Price Book task codes on all invoices for each diagnostic, repair, and installation performed.
- Documents Part Sheets listing, corresponding job numbers and parts used on each job and turns in to the office DAILY.
- Debriefs with dispatch after completion of every job.
- Calls in for PO numbers for any materials picked up at suppliers and provides cost before and after taxes to ensure accuracy.
- Turns in all parts receipts/packing slips daily and has corresponding job numbers written on them.
- Provide pricing to the customer for approval prior to performing any work.
- Retains 90% of Membership Clients and maintains an 85% appointment conversion ratio in the home.
- Maximizes lead opportunities based on company’s business plan.
- Participate in all company sponsored training classes.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by: Wearing only company approved and provided Vredevoogd® apparel. Following safety policies and procedures. Abiding by ALL Vredevoogd® standards of performance and code of ethics. Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates. Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out. Respecting the customer’s property.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of verifiable electrical experience in a residential service and maintenance operation.
- Knowledge of local and national electrical codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Basic change order cost estimating experience.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Valid Michigan Journeyman or Tradesman license
- Exposure to smells associated with sewer and water, sounds associated with power tools.
- Exposure to dust and other debris.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Extended work hours to include day and/or evening shifts.
- Local travel.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and may be exposed to verbal and/or physical confrontations.
- Must be able to work extended hours, nights or weekends.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.
Vredevoogd Plumbing, Heating & AC always expects its employees to adhere to our core values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Committed to Excellence
- Show Others That You Care
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Electrical: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Master Electrician (Required)
- Electrical License (Required)
Work Location: On the road