Grand Rapids, MI
$16 - $18 per hour
The purpose of this full-time position is to maintain company vehicles in accordance with our Fleet Management Policy.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Monitor all drivers to verify compliance with our Vredevoogd Vehicle Policy, and report any violations to management.
- Maintain databases for purchases, sales, registration, inspections, and maintenance of the fleet.
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting, and surveying current user trends.
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance (repairs, status updates, recalls, etc), and ensure minimal downtime for vehicles.
- Make sure spare vehicles are returned clean, stocked, and ready for next use.
- Ensure fleet operations are in compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
- Monitor fuel purchase system with assistance of assigned fuel cards for all vehicles and drivers; order and distribute fuel cards.
- Participate in various workshops and educational programs, and maintain knowledge on all industry-relevant publications.
- Develop and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices.
- Plan, process, and forecast vehicle purchases and replacements through efficient settlement and user surveys, in line with the company budget.
- Schedule new vehicles for decals and shelving installation.
- Coordinate GPS and camera unis installation, removal, and troubleshooting.
- Oversee GPS and camera systems to ensure drivers are observing vehicle policy correctly.
- Assist managers with accidents and insurance claims, verifying that accident reports are filled out completely.
- Coordinate fleet inventory and assist in weekly inventory counts.
- Complete annual safelty inspection on all fleet vehicles.
- Complete weekly appearance inspections on all service vans during service meetings, and installation vans while they are loaded.
- Assist in stocking new vehicles with inventory.
- Decommission vans, remove inventory, and remove signage decals.
- Maintain technician stock list.
- Current driver’s license, and insurability by Vredevoogd’s carrier
- Ability to pass initial and random drug screenings
- Ability to pass national background check
- Strong oral and reading skills
- Able to work in Michigan’s environmental conditions
- Strong commitment to world-class customer service
- Strong multi-tasking skills; phone, computer, and people skills
- Build and encourage a positive work culture, and be a willing and engaged team player
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb in and out of box trucks
- Ability to be flexible and effectively handle change
- Ability to use technology for invoicing and internal/external communication
- Ability to work necessary hours to meet specific organizational requirements
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and maintain a high attention to detail
- Great organizational skills
- Incredible time management skills
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and draw conclusions
- Ability to give constructive criticism
- Great knowledge of vehicles
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Locational flexibility – ability to travel between branches as needed
- Lead by example in all things
- All other duties as assigned
Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling always expects its employees to adhere to our core values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Committed to Excellence
- Show Others that You Care