The purpose of this in-office position is to assist accounting/finance team to continue to provide excellent service to both our internal and external customers.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Accounts Receivable
- Obtain paperwork from prior day jobs and distribute to necessary staff for processing.
- Provide back up support to Accounts Receivable team members as necessary.
- Assist in monthly billing process and follow up with customers on open balances/payments outstanding.
- Assist in reviewing daily invoices to ensure proper reporting in accounting software.
- Accounts Payable
- Obtain packing slips, process receipt of goods, match with purchase order and process invoice in financial software as part of 3-way match. Review and analyze any discrepancies between the 3-match system and follow up with appropriate party on any discrepancies before processing/paying vendors.
- Match each invoice item against current pricing vs price in Pricebook or PO and notify management of any discrepancies.
- Work with other AP team members to assist in month end statement checks and follow up with vendors on discrepancies
- Work closely with warehouse/finance team members to confirm return/warranty credits
- Provide back up support for other AP team members
- Other Duties:
- Assist Controller in completing daily accounting team tasks as necessary
- Assist in month end close process as well as various data analysis projects as requested
- Assist in creating/maintaining standard operating procedures and internal controls
- Other office duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to world class customer service
- Strong multi-tasking skills; phone, computer, and people skills
- Build and encourage a positive work culture and be a willing and engaged team player
- Ability to sit for long lengths of time
- Ability to be flexible and effectively handle change
- Experience with Windows-based operating systems, plus proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in administrative/accounting/finance team function as well as working knowledge of accounting specific procedures desired
- Must be in-office
Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling always expects its employees to adhere to our core values:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Emily S.