Thank you for entering the Vredevoogd Heating and Cooling Oldest Working Furnace Contest. Winners will be notified as outlined in our terms and conditions.
Please re-read the terms and conditions if needed. Thank you.
Oldest Furnace Contest Rules, Terms & Conditions
- Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling’s Oldest Working Furnace Contest is for owner occupied, single family homes with central, ducted heating and air conditioning systems.
- Homes must be located within Lansing Metro Area (Within 20 miles from the Lansing Airport).
- Entries must be received September 12, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Entries may be completed online at www.SeriousHomeComfort.com. The contest applies to forced air residential natural gas furnaces.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or older.
- The winning entry will receive one (1) 95% AFUE-Efficient furnace completely installed including permit valued at $4,000.
- The duct system must be in good condition and properly sized for the heating system. The duct system, evaporator, and drain pan must be free of mold.
- Representatives from Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling must be allowed access to the furnace to examine the installation and record manufacturer nameplate information (model & serial numbers and dates).
- This is not a game of chance. The winner will be the oldest furnace submitted according to objective information such as model & serial numbers, installation or sale paperwork provided by the homeowner and/or the best judgment of Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling employees. In the event of a tie, the earliest contest entrant shall be the winner. All decisions are final. If the name plate is not legible we will see if we can tell the age based on the furnace information. If we can’t then we will not be able to determine the age. This will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- The winning entry will be responsible for: duct system modifications (if necessary), any hazardous material removal and abatement (e.g., asbestos), and any improvements needed to bring the installation in compliance with existing building and mechanical codes (any applicable costs will be discussed beforehand). Winner will receive a 1099 Form from Vredevoogd Heating and Cooling for 2015. Winner is responsible for all taxes.
- The winner will be selected on September 14, 2015 and informed prior to any media announcements.
- Free furnace will only be installed in the home that the current system is installed in.
- The winner will be posted online @ www.SeriousHomeComfort.com and other forms of media including Facebook.
The winning entry will agree to allow Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling to use images and likenesses of the old and new furnaces and homeowners and the homeowners’ name in promotional material.
- Entrants will receive newsletters and other information from Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling from time to time.
- Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling lists or customer information will NOT be shared with other companies. Entrants can remove themselves from any subscription lists at any time by notifying Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling by mail, phone, or e-mail of their desire to be removed from any lists.
- Entrants agree to hold Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling, its owners, agents and employees harmless for any injuries, loss or damages related to the contest.
- Prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. No entry fee or purchase is required to enter.· Employees of Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling and their family members are not eligible.
- Free tune-up on heating systems 10-Years or older will be scheduled at the convenience of Vredevoogd Heating & Cooling. Free tune-ups must be scheduled between normal business hours Monday thru Friday 8AM until 5PM. Tune-ups will be scheduled between the months of October – December 2015. Our goal is to perform the tune up the same day we come out to verify the equipment.
- All information must be completely filled out on the entry form to be eligible for the Free Furnace.
If you want to choose to include the air conditioner for the installation we will give you a $500 discount off our normal installation prices to include this.
If you do not win the contest but wish to get a Free estimate on a new system, we will give you $500 off the price of a new system automatically by participating in our contest.
- Messages that you send via email may not be secure. We recommend that you do not send any confidential information to us by email. If you do choose to send confidential information to us via email, you agree to accept the risk.