Is A Furnace Tune-Up Needed?
Your furnace works hard to keep you safe and comfortable when temperatures drop in the winter, so your unit should be taken care of in return. The best way to ensure any home appliance will serve you well is by scheduling routine maintenance with a professional. Neglecting to have your system properly maintained can result in failure, so keeping your furnace fine-tuned for your home in Grand Rapids and surrounding areas is crucial.
Importance of Regular Furnace Maintenance
Michigan winters are known to be brutal. Because of this, homeowners rely on furnaces to run efficiently so that they aren’t left to their own devices in the cold! If you fail to have your system tuned up, you run the risk of lacking that much-needed warmth and it’s crucial not only for comfort but also for your health.
Signs That Indicate the Need for a Furnace Tune-Up
Several telltale signs indicate a tune-up is due. Keep an eye out for the following and schedule with us should any be true for your system:
- Uneven temperatures: If your furnace isn’t consistently producing heat, have a professional check it out ASAP.
- Odd odor: Off-putting smells, like burning or rotten eggs, are often signs of an issue.
- Short-cycling: If your unit shuts off abruptly and isn’t running through complete cycles, it’s time to call us.
- High utility bills: While your heating bills are naturally higher in the winter, they shouldn’t reach unusually high costs; if you notice abnormal spikes in your bills, schedule with us.
Benefits of Getting a Furnace Tune-Up
There are many perks of having your furnace tuned up by a professional. A few of these benefits include:
- Increased performance: Regular maintenance will ensure all parts are in good working order so your system runs correctly.
- Safety: Furnaces of any kind may be susceptible to malfunctions if one or more parts aren’t operating correctly, leading to issues such as carbon monoxide or gas leaks.
- Improved energy efficiency: If your unit is running well, it will lead to better energy output, saving you in utility costs.
- Cleaner air: By keeping your unit clean, your system will push out less dirt, dust, and other contaminants, leaving you with pure air to breathe in.
What to Expect During a Furnace Tune-Up
At Vredevoogd, we offer a comprehensive furnace tune-up designed for preventive maintenance. This service inspects all components to ensure they work as they should. We will provide cleanings, tightening loose parts, and more. After thoroughly checking your unit, we’ll run tests to ensure all is good before wrapping up service.
Frequently Asked Questions about Furnace Tune-Ups
What if a furnace tune-up isn’t enough?
If your unit isn’t working as it should after a tune-up, we’ll determine if a repair or replacement is the next step.
What if my furnace is new?
All new and old furnaces should have a tune-up once a year to keep them in the best possible condition.
Can I change my air filter myself?
Yes! Air filters should be changed out roughly every 3 to 6 months and cleaned even more frequently.
Schedule Your Furnace Tune-Up Today
At Vredevoogd, we’ve got a furnace tune-up solution for you. We’ve been serving Grand Rapids and surrounding areas for over 50 years, and licensed, insured & background-checked technicians perform each project, so we’ll consistently achieve the best results. When you choose to work with us, you can expect us to have your back throughout the process.
Why Choose Vredevoogd?
Michigan’s HVAC & Plumbing Experts Since 1964
- Serving the area for over 50 years
- 24/7 emergency HVAC services
- Same-day services
- Licensed, insured & background-checked technicians
- Free estimates & financing options
- Military & veteran